August - September
- Crowfunding campaign for "The Failure of Words" launched! http://pledgemusic.com/yang
- Photos of the Bruno Mendonça piece "Le Livre Interdit" (the forbidden book) which will illustrate the album's cover will be made by François Fernandez
June - July
- On July 15th at 21h Yang performs at the Studio Blue Star in Nice. The concert will be recorded and filmed for a DVD.
- Starting the recording of "The Failure of Words", the next Yang album. In the same time recording and filming a video for a fundraising for this project.
April - May
- Playing with nightingales in Berlin parks during the night of 27th and 29th with David Rothenberg, clarinet and Lembe Lokk, voice (on 27th no audience, only birds and us for a film)
Some new projects started since the begining of the year:
- A new "Frames" album with looper/delay and very few electronics
- A duo guitar/touch guitar, only improvisations until now but very promising
- A new version of my piece for 12 electric guitars and 12 strings, Regard Circulaire après Eblouissement, planned for 2017.
October - November
- On Saturday Nov. 14th will be premiered my new piece for 4 electric guitars: Etude Campanologique n°3, at the Klangwerkstatt
, Festival für Neue Musik in Berlin. It will be performed by the e-guitar quartett E-Werk.
- La Fin du Rêve again on Stage with the duo Brilling-Mahnken at Intersonanzen festival on October 3rd.
August - September
- My last piece for solo classic guitar, Divergence, will be performed by Erich Schachtner at the Chilli Jazz festival in Graz (Austria) on Sept. 25th.
- Must complete the new Yang album demo. Holidays are not the best time... but men are at work!
June - July
- A new composition for e-guitar quartet at work: "Etude Campanologique n°3". First try last Sunday with e-werk: It could be the one that we will play at Klangwerkstatt Festival...
- The duo Brillings Mahnken performs "La Fin du Rêve" my piece for electric guitar and accordion on July 4th.
- First solo concert at Quiet Cue in Berlin on June 27th. Very nice evening, lot of fun playing there!
- Starting rehearsals of "Layered Winds" my last work for 4 electric guitars with e-werk. Sounds nice, we might perform it in November 1015 at the Berlin Festival Klangwerkstatt.
April - May 2015
- Composition for the next Yang album completed: 9 pieces
Recording of the entire demo to be done before summer
- 1st solo performance planned for end of June. Maybe only two pieces, Reich's e-guitar phase and Twists and Turns
Feb. March 2015
- New version of "Ostinatos", called now "Twists and Turns", conception of a new "Frames", starting to plan solo concerts.
- Working on a piece by Sidney Corbett "Detroit Rain Song Graffiti" and "I Kick My Hand" by Nick Didkovsky.
Nov. Dec. Jan.
- Working on new Yang songs and seen a lot of excellent concerts in Berlin: Annette Krebs, Samuel Blaser, Bernhard Meyer Quintett and so many others!
- Working on Steve Reich's Electric Guitar Phase
- At last! My new solo e-guitar piece, "Ostinatos" is finished.
- Now back to new songs for Yang
- Interesting work as a performer : "Tablaturas espaciales", a piece for 11 guitarists and 55 guitars by the composer Osvaldo Budón. Microtonal tuned guitars hanging from the ceiling of a church.
- Working on Yang mixes, finally, we decided to record the demo with all the songs of the album.
- Adding some tracks to the Yang demo and composing some new material for the next album.
- Continuing the composition of a solo e-guitar piece, started in 2011!
- What a wonderful moment at Baja Prog with Shylock! An enthusiastic audience, a kind and efficient staff, lots of fans, and some amazing new friends!
- At least the Yang demo is completed! Now searching for a nice label to release it.
- Leaving end of the month to Nice for the last rehearsals with Shylock before our concert at Baja Prog on April 5th.
- Three days of mixing with Shylock, first musical meeting with Luca. Great moments!
- A few dates planned for Lobotonics in Berlin end of May!
- Recording Shylock "Best of", mixing starts on Feb. 7th. Didier Lustig finally withdraw, Luca Mariotti replaces him as keyboard player. A lot of work in perspective...
- Yang demo for the new album in progress, "crispy jazzy"?
- First rehearsal with a new combo: voice, baglama, e-guitar.
- Working on my guitar studies, hoping to be able to record them soon! And finishing the production of my next solo album "The Empty Room" (and no more "the hollow place"). Hoping to invite some guests to play on it!
Nice meeting with a key player and a sax player. I could perform some gigs with them and Daran (bass player)
Good news! Shylock will play at Baja Prog Festival
in Mexicali on early April 2014
Already found a good (though very young) bass player for my new Berliner band, now in search of a drummer...
Get the first date for The Lobotonics in Berlin: May 24th 2014
Several 10 hours long rehearsals for the e-werk
concert at the Intersonanzen
festival at Potsdam on Sept. 13
on April 27th and 29th
e - w e r k
Klangwerkstatt Festival für Neue Musik, Saturday Nov. 14th 2015
Solo concert at Quiet Cue in Berlin on June 27th 2015